Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I won’t fight dirty like Maidana – Mayweather



Floyd Mayweather says he won’t be drawn into a dirty fight in his rematch against Marcos Maidana on Saturday, ESPN reports.  The unbeaten American takes on Maidana for the second time at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas having claimed a majority decision win in May.  Mayweather believes Maidana was guilty of using underhand tactics during their first bout but says he will be ready to deal with whatever comes his way.

“The first fight was not close. He came out, he won the first round, I won the second round, he won the third and the fourth, but from the fifth he lost every round,” said Mayweather.
Continue..

“If you guys noticed, I got tackled, the guy tried to knee me, I got a headbutt, there were rabbit punches, there were low blows and the list goes on and on.

“He did a little bit of everything. That night I had to do two jobs – I had to be the boxer and referee.

“My job is to prepare for everything all around the board, but I’m going to let the referee do his job and be fair to both parties.”

Maidana still believes he should have been declared the winner in May with the boxing world split over whose hand deserved to be raised, but Mayweather, 37, has vowed there will be no doubts this time.

“I’m just going to let the fight play out like it plays out. I’ll go out there and do what I do best,” Mayweather added. “If a knockout presents itself, of course I’m going to take full advantage of a knockout.

“I always find a way. Whether I am 26 or 37, I still find the way to win.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST