Saturday, January 26, 2013

Murray Defeats Federer In Five Sets To Set Up Epic Final With Djokovic

Andy Murray has beaten Roger Federer 6-4 6-7 (5/7) 6-3 6-7 (2/7) 6-2 to set up an explosive final against Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open. Before today’s epic semi-final clash, the Scot had never defeated the 17-time grand slam winner in a major’s event and will now look forward to contest his sixth grand slam final on Sunday.
And Murray does not believe he would have been able to beat Federer in a grand slam if he had not been crowned champion at last year’s US Open. He said: “When you lose the fourth set having served for it, maybe 18 months ago I wouldn’t have come back from that so I think mentally I’ve probably become stronger because of the results at the end of last year.
“I don’t think loads has changed in my game, I just think understanding what I need to do in the important moments.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

ST