Friday, June 7, 2013

Usain Bolt beaten by Justin Gatlin in 100m in Rome


US sprinter Justin Gatlin beat six-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt in the men's 100 metres race at the Rome Golden Gala, Diamond League, which took place today. Justin beat Usain by one-hundredth of a second, that's like 1% of a second. Justin actually had to dip his head within the line to win in 9.94 seconds. Usain came in 9.95. Usain was making his first appearance in the Diamond League this year since his recent recovery from the hamstring injury. Usain explained what happened to him: "I got the perfect start that I wanted, then about five steps in I stumbled a little and that type of threw my game off. My legs didn't feel like my legs entering the straight.

 I suppose I need to do more strength work. I do believe I just need time to obtain it back together but the very fact I got a good beginning threw me off. At the least I got under 10 seconds. "It is always a good thing to lose. You can figure how exactly to step it up. I knew I wasn't in great shape but I'm not worried. It does take time to obtain back to shape and I didn't expect much using this race." Usain's next race is going to be in the men's 200m in next Thursday's Diamond League meeting in Oslo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST