Saturday, July 6, 2013

Congrats!!! Bartoli wins Wimbledon title

The women’s single title at Wimbledon has gone to France’s Marion Bartoli who dealth Sabine Lisicki.with a crushing 6-1 6-4 defeat. France’s Marion Bartoli (L) holds the Venus Rosewater Dish standing next to runner up Germany’s Sabine Lisicki (R) during the presentation for their women’s singles final match on day twelve of the 2013 Wimbledon Championships tennis tournament  AFP PHOTO. The 28-year-old, a losing finalist against Venus Williams in 2007, swept aside her German opponent is one hour 21 minutes to claim her first Grand Slam title.  Bartoli becomes only the second French woman to win Wimbledon in the open era, following in the footsteps of Amelie Mauresmo who won in 2006.
“I’m so happy I am holding the trophy. It has been my dream since I was six years old. I would like to thank everyone in the crowd who supported me today,” Bartoli said.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST