Friday, August 9, 2013

Fenerbahce unveils Emenike Tomorrow

Turkish top club, Fenerbahce, will tomorrow, unveil Nigerian striker, Emmanuel Emenike, who has rejoined them from Spartak Moscow for a fee of $17.4million.
Emenike underwent medicals at the Istanbul club yesterday and thereafter expressed his delight at returning to the club he first joined in May, 2011.

The 26-year-old Nigeria international returns to Turkey after two seasons with Russian league leaders, Spartak.

Continue After The Break..


“When the possibility of coming back was first mentioned, I said to myself ‘I hope both clubs will agree to that’,” Emenike told BBC Sport.
“Once a deal was agreed, I couldn’t wait to see the fans and city again. Right now, I am just delighted to be back. It’s like coming back home.”

Emenike first joined Fenerbahce in May 2011, signing from Karabukspor at the end of the season, but he left in July same year without playing a match for them.

He was questioned by Turkish police and arraigned for match-fixing allegations but was acquitted in April this year because of a “lack of credible evidence.”

He says that he has put the episode behind him and is ready to shine for the club.

“I don’t want to talk about the dark past because there is a bright future ahead.”

Meanwhile, Emenike has revealed that he is leaving Spartak Moscow with enduring memories.

“Spartak is my home. We were like a big family. The fans, coaches, the management and my teammates have been wonderful for the past two years I have been there,” he told MTNFootball.com.

“The club will remain in my mind for long because I achieved one of my biggest dreams of winning the AFCON and emerged as the top scorer at the tournament while at Spartak. I am now looking forward to a memorable stay at Fenerbahce.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST