Monday, August 12, 2013

Rooney Trains With England..Chelsea May Buy Him Soon


Return: Wayne Rooney was left out of Manchester United's squad for the Community Shield
 
England manager Roy Hodgson has banished the theory that Wayne Rooney is injured going into their friendly against Scotland.
The 27-year-old missed the Community Shield with a shoulder problem according to Manchester United, but Hodgson said there are no signs of it any more.
Hodgson said: 'It’s difficult to know with the naked eye how match-fit people are but there was no doubt he was not suffering any physical injury. 
 Continue After The Break..


Fit, Wayne? Roy Hodgson keeps his eye on Rooney during the training session
 
'We get data back from our sessions and I’ll be interested to know how that looks. Since he got over his injuries he’s not been able to train as we trained today.
'He’s been training on his own because Manchester United played games but he’s been doing physical fitness work and today he’s involved in functional aspects of play. 
'I’ve not spoken to him since the session but I’m expecting everything to be fine. I don’t expect any repercussions. It looked to me that he worked quite hard.
'Then it will be up to me and the coaches and the fitness people to make sure we give him the right amount of minutes in the game.
'In my year-and-a-bit as England manager I’ve been faced many times when players are not in their club team but because they have talent and quality they are still managed to be selected.

Southampton boys: Former Saints Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain along with Rickie Lambert 

 
'I’m not prepared to make statements to say if he’s not playing for his club side he won’t be playing for England. While he’s fit and available he will always play for England because he is one of our best players.
On Rooney's early start to training, Hodgson said: 'He knows you guys are here. He wanted to get his face on television.'
Southampton striker Rickie Lambert could win his first England cap after being included in the squad.
Hodgson said: 'Like Wayne, he’s a fantastic enthusiast. Someone who’s delighted to be here. He didn’t look out of place and I didn’t expect him to. I’m certain by the time Wednesday eve is over I’ll know a lot more about Rickie Lambert than I did.'
He was also asked about having the Under 21 squad training at St George's alongside the senior side. 'It’s good when they can be at the same place. I don’t know if we’ll always be able to do that. I used them as defenders against the nine seniors, most of whom were attacking players. 
Dreamland: Rickie Lambert warming up for England training with Jack Wilshere (left) and Steven Gerrard

 
 
 England's new forward pairing: Wayne Rooney and Lambert would make a powerful strike force
Asked whether he wants more games against Scotland and the Home Nations, Hodgson replied: 'I wouldn’t want to see it on a regular basis if we get beaten, that’s for sure.
'The behaviour of fans has improved enormously. A lot’s been done. This was raised when we played Ireland and the behaviour that night was first class. I expect that to be the same again. I trust the fans.
'It’s the only preparation game I’m going to have before we play in September. This date is specified by FIFA. All over the world important preparation matches will be played. South America and everywhere.
'If it falls kindly or unkindly for the Premier League that will have to be. I need this game, the England players need this game and I hope they are perfectly fit when they return to their clubs.'
 
In the mood: A smiling Rooney alongside another striker, Jermain Defoe

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST