Monday, February 11, 2013

Champions: 5 Super Eagles’ Players Make CAF Best XI List

Following their brilliant display at the just concluded African Cup of Nations in South where the Super Eagles of Nigeria lifted the coveted trophy for the first time since 1994, goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, defender Efe Ambrose, midfielder Mikel Obi and forwards Victor Moses and Emmanuel Emenike, have been named in CAF’s XI for the tournament.  Emenike, who didn’t play in the final match due to a hamstring injury, clinched the award of the tournament’s highest goal scorer with four goals.

“Even though I did not play, I felt the pressure as if I was on the pitch. Starting from the beginning, Nigerians didn’t believe in us but I thank God today that we’re the champions. I’m so excited right now. I just want Nigerians to give us more time to get stronger,” the power playing forward said of the sweet victory.
The complete list below:
CAF BEST XI: Vincent Enyeama-Bakary Koné, Nando Maria Neves,  Efe Ambrose-Jonathan Pitroipa, Siaka Tiéné, Seydou Keita, John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses-Asamoah Gyan, Emmanuel Emenike


No comments:

Post a Comment

ST